SLAY Festival Returns To Lagos On September 28th
Lagos, Nigeria – September 2019 – Digital media company She Leads Africa has announced that the popular innovation and culture event SLAY Festival, will be returning to Lagos, Nigeria on September 28th, 2019 at the Lekki Special Events Centre.
Since launching in 2017, more than 4,000 women have come together to learn new skills, build their network and connect with their favorite brands at the fun and relaxed festival.
The 2019 edition will feature inspirational speakers like Keynote Speaker Bose Ogulu, fondly known as “Mama Burna”, engaging brand activations, career and business mentorship, speed networking and shopping from exciting young entrepreneurs.
SLAY Festival 2019 will feature unique and interactive experiences that cut across business, career, technology, arts, beauty, fashion, food, wellness, community and music such as:
- Speed Networking: SLAY Festival is all about making new connections, so the Speed Networking area is designed to make it easy for attendees to step out of their comfort zone and build their community. Attendees can also join a private digital community to connect in advance with people coming from their area or with similar interests.
- Mainstages: Attendees will be able to learn directly from some of Africa’s leading innovators, leaders and creatives including Osas Ighodaro, Arese Ugwu, Steve Babaeko and JR Kanu. At the Redesign Stage powered by Women Will, a Grow with Google program, attendees will be able to enjoy sessions on thriving in the Nigerian workforce, getting your business investment ready and making tech work for you.
- Masterclasses: During the SLAY Festival Masterclasses, attendees will be able to join small group classes on the hottest topics in lifestyle and career such as Becoming A Beauty Boss powered by Maybelline NY, Wealth Beyond Your Paycheck, Growing A Successful Business powered by Women Will and Communicating Your Value & Acing Your Next Interview.
- Marketplace: The SLAY Festival Marketplace has been curated with leading entrepreneurs from the She Leads Africa community ready to showcase and retail their products in diverse industries.
- Activities: SLAY Festival will be buzzing all day long with fun activities like free samples and a massage chair hosted by Molped Nigeria, a talent competition on the Refresh Stage, and health consultations with 54gene. There will also be Meet and Greets with your favorite celebrities like Jemima Osunde with Lux Nigeria and the cast of the hit web series “The Men’s Club”.
Google Nigeria has joined the event as a Lead Partner and host of the Redesign Stage to power discussions focused on the career and business needs for millennial African women through the Women Will program. Women Will is a Google initiative that aims to help women make the most of technology to build skills, get inspired and connect with each other through access to trainings, events and community engagement. Google will also be hosting several Grow with Google Masterclasses and bringing your favorite YouTube Creators for a meet and greet.
SLAY Festival is also excited to welcome global beauty brand Maybelline NY as the Official Beauty Partner as they showcase their newest trend setting products, host a Meet and Greet with lifestyle vlogger Dimma Umeh and provide giveaways for the first 500 people who visit their stand. Crowd favorite Maggi Nigeria will be returning with their signature Jollof Rice Bar and delicious new takes on the classic dish.
SLAY Festival is proudly supported by Women Will, a Grow with Google program, Maybelline NY, 54gene, Lux Nigeria, Maggi Nigeria, Molped and FBNQuest Merchant Bank. The event is hosted by The Lekki Special Events Centre and produced by She Leads Africa.
She Leads Africa is a global media brand that helps young women achieve their professional dreams by providing expert advice and opportunities for networking. SLA reaches more than 650,000 women across 35+ countries and 5 continents. The brand has been featured in the Financial Times and CNBC Africa and in December 2016, SLA was the first African startup to ring the Closing Bell at the New York Stock Exchange.